Greater New Haven Association of REALTORS®
Chairman of the Board
Here comes 2013!! Welcome to a New Year! We survived the almost fiscal cliff. Hurricane Irene and Super Storm Sandy made a mess of our shoreline. We’ve been stricken with some of the saddest tragedies imaginable and here we are today. The New Year is looking pretty optimistic when it comes to Real Estate. Interest rates continue to stay at an all time low, active inventory is down considerably compared to this time last year and pending are up. Are you ready for a better year? I sure am! Looking forward, it is my goal to get out and visit you and your offices to do a little shoe leather marketing. We will discuss where we are heading as an association, what I can do for you and the association. We will talk about the future of Real Estate, technology, generation “Y” and “X”, Government Legislation affecting us, RPAC (Real Estate Political Action Committee), and focus on a Client/Customer driven business. Lots of new trends are popping up everywhere and are we prepared to understand them? The tide is turning on real estate and we need to be ready to ride the wave. I am looking forward to my involvement as Chairman of The Greater New Haven Board of Realtors and getting all of you involved as well.
POWER LUNCH – “IGNORANCE OF THE LAW IS NO EXCUSE”
GENE MARCONI (General Counsel, C.A.R.)
!!!!!!!! RESERVATIONS SOLD OUT !!!!!!!!
Thursday, May 23, 2013
11:45 AM – Free Lunch provided
Free Lunch and Seating is limited to the first 60 members
No shows will be charged $10.00
Walk-Ins will be charged $10.00
13 GNHAR 2013 – First Quaterly Award
1st Quarter Awards Winners – 2013
Carol Cangiano Coldwell Banker, Orange
Beth Cantor Calcagni Associates, Hamden
Patrick Combs Dan Combs Real Estate, Inc.
Linda Conchado Keller Williams RE, Wallingford
Gary Damato Press/Cuozzo Realtors, Hamden
Stephanie Ellison Re/Max Right Choice, Milford
Wayne Hugendubel Coldwell Banker Res Brok., Orange
Laureen Kennedy Coldwell Banker Res Brok, Cheshire
Lawrence Madow Calcagni Associates, Wallingford
Nicholas Mastrangelo Weichert Realtors, Orange
Patricia Moreggi Prudential Ct. Realty, North Haven
Betsy Purtell Coldwell Banker, Cheshire
Toni Ross Weichert Realtors, Orange
Michael Sirochman Weichert Realtors, Orange
NOMINATIONS FOR “REALTOR OF THE YEAR”
The time has come around again where each member has an opportunity to nominate a fellow REALTOR® for the honor listed above.
All that is required is that you address a short note to the “Honors Committee” in care of the Association Office or return this nomination form. The deadline for nominations will be Friday, May 31, 2013.
STANDARDS FOR SELECTION
SUBMISSIONS MUST BE TYPED
1. REALTOR® Spirit: high principles, faithfulness to laws and regulations of Code of Ethics and local Association and MLS, and furtherance of principles of good real estate practice among other brokers and the general public.
2. Civic Activity: local, state and national level participation in civic and service clubs, charitable activities, political commissions, fraternal or religious group-, etc.
3. Business Accomplishment: recognized good business conduct, service to clients, imaginative and creative advertising program, rehabilitation work, land utilization, etc.
4. Local Association Activity: Association offices and committee work, special assignments, seminar activity and educational work, membership and offices held in local chapters of institutes, etc.
5. State Association Activity: offices held and committee work, attendance and participation at State Conventions, directors’ meetings, educational conferences, etc.
6. N.A.R. Activity: national offices and committee work, membership and work in institutes, attendance at National Conventions, etc.
These “Standards for Selection” are only to give you an idea of the criteria used by the Honors Committee. It is not your responsibility to fill out any forms, just nominate.
REALTOR BENEFITS PROGRAM 2013 CATALOG
As a member of GNHAR, C.A.R. And N.A.R. You are entitled
to take advantage of the many discounts offered;
FedEx, OfficeMax, REALTORS Dental Insurance, Health Insurance, Dell Computers, Hewlett Packard, Sprint, REALTORS Federal Credit Union
just a name a few. Pick up your 2013 catalog today, or go on online and get your copy their:
The Connecticut Home Browser magazine
A Real Estate Buyers Guide
Published by GNHAR
is now available on line:
Deadline for April 19th issue is 12 noon Friday, April 5th.
Deadline for the May 3rd issue is 12 noon April 19th
Limited Color Pages available for April 19th issue
Call to reserve!
Call Joan Quinn
Ct Home Browser
203-234-7700 vm 114